Santorini island

the volcanic island made of lava and soul

Thirassia village

An islet opposite Ia.
This little and partly sterile island can be visited in a touring boat. There are few residents and one can see the wooden rereads in the church Moni Kimissis Theotokou.

This Russian made rereads was installed in the church in 1872.A road of 150 steps leads from the port to Manolas village which is the biggest settlement in the island. On the southern edge there is an undersea cave with two entrances, the so-called Tripiti.

On the northern edge we find St.Irini`s church which claims the name of Santorini from the church in Perissa. Another small village on the island is Agrillia